6461 Garden Road
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
1. After cutting duct to desired length. fold back jacket and insulation exposing core. Trim core ends squarely using suitable metal shears. Determine optional sealing method (Steps 2 or 5) before proceeding.
2. When mastics are required and for pressures [1000 Pa) and over, seal joint with mastic applied uniformly to the outside surface of collar/sleeve. (Disregard this step when not using mastics and proceed to Step 3).
3. Slide at least 1" [25 mm) of core over metal collar for attaching duct to take off or over ends of a 4" [100 mm] metal sleeve for splicing 2 lengths of duct.
4. Secure to collar/sleeve using 48 sheet metal screws spaced equally around circumference. Use 3 screws for diameters under 12" [300 mm] and 5 screws for diameters 12" [300 mm] and over.
5. For pressures under 4" w.g. [1000 Pa] seal joint using 2 wraps of duct tape applied over screw heads and spirally lapping tape to collar/sleeve. (Disregard this step when using mastics per Step 2).
6. Pull jacket and insulation back over core. Tape jacket with 2 wraps of duct tape. A clamp may he used in place of or in combination with the duct tape.
By using this website, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the terms of our legal disclaimer. Specifications may change without notice. The information provided is not intended to replace the advice of your architect or building consultant. © 2013-2017 Polar Air Supply